Invest Your Energy More Wisely
Most of us operate at full tilt, with little energy to spare. So we need to be strategic about where we put our energy so that we apply it to what matters most. Here’s how to start:
- Track your energy. Set your phone to beep at random times to prompt you to notice how you’re spending your energy.
- Know what matters. Figure out what brings the most value and joy to your life.
- Plan wise energy investment. Once you know which things matter most, schedule as many of them in your calendar as possible.
- Plan where not to invest. Once you become more aware of where you’re putting your energy, you’ll notice which activities are pointless energy drains.
- Don’t overthink it. It can be as easy as pulling yourself out of a useless conversation, not responding to a silly email, or letting go of a nagging thought.