Avoid Common Business Travel Mishaps
Mishaps can strike any traveler, no matter how seasoned. Here’s how frequent fliers avoid problems en route:
- Check your layover. Always allow an hour for a domestic layover and two hours for an international flight.
- Never, ever check a bag. Unless you want it to get lost.
- Know your airports. Figure out which always have terrible lines, which have amazingly fast intra-airport monorails, and which will make you clear security again mid-layover.
- Try to clear customs at your destination, not en route.This way at least you’re in the right country if you end up in a long line.
- Never take the last plane home. Book the third-to-last or second-to-last flight in case you get bumped.